While we do not expect any problems, please read the following:
Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con will be a safe place where everyone is welcome and anybody can be whomever they want to be. Please note however, offensive or harassing behavior will not be tolerated. To the best of our ability, we will address any inappropriate conduct reported to us or the Choo Choo staff at the convention.
It is very important that if you are being harassed or are in any way endangered, you report it immediately. We cannot address anything that we aren't aware of. We ask that you or someone representing you can supply whatever details that would be of help, such as names, badge numbers or other descriptive information.
If you feel you have been harassed please find the nearest Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con volunteer or go directly to the information booth located right inside the main doors where you entered the convention. Our volunteers will be easily recognized by their special lanyards or shirts. They will be able to help you or get you to the authorities. If, at any time, you feel that your personal safety or the safety of others is in jeopardy, please contact the Chattanooga Police Department in an emergency via 911. The Chattanooga Police Department non-emergency phone number is (423) 698-2525.
You may also go directly to the Choo Choo Marriot hotel desk or other Choo Choo facilities to report an incident.
As a member, if you see someone harassed or taking inappropriate photos (where the person is unaware), we encourage you to do the right thing and speak up or come to someone's defense.
Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con reserves the right to revoke or suspend memberships and passes at will. If an individual breaks the rules of the convention, he or she may be removed from the convention temporarily or indefinitely. If an individual breaks the law, he or she will be delt with by the local law enforcement. If you have been accused of harassment and feel that you were treated unfairly you may appeal to the directors, but the decision will be final.
- You must wear your membership badges at all times to be admitted to any convention function.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages by anyone under 21 years of age is grounds for expulsion from the convention without refund.
- Please keep all behavior polite and courteous in public. If you think it might be offensive, it probably is. We will have minors at this convention - whatever you do in your hotel room is your business.
- Cameras may not be permitted in all areas of the convention. If it isn't posted but you are asked politely to stop, please do or risk expulsion from the area.
- Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
- Announced events and guests are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice. Every effort will be made to announce any changes via this web site and/or social media. Sometimes last-minute changes just happen.
- Smoking is not permitted indoors. Vaping will be allowed so long as you are not being obnoxious or directly bothering someone. If someone asks you to "take it somewhere else", then please do.
- Alcoholic beverages (in addition to other options) and food will be available and managed by the Chattanooga Choo Choo. They will be checking ID's. Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con is not responsible for your amount of consumption. We do however, reserve the right to take action if you have over-indulged.
- Please abide by our weapons policy: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, NERF guns, etc. Modified toy and replica guns are fine, so long as you keep them unloaded. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No fooling around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated and returned to you upon your exit of the buildings. Use good judgment. It's up to you for us to allow peace-bonded weapons - thanks!
- Because society is the way it is these days, Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con security staff, hotel security, and local law enforcement officials will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun.
- NO CAMPING IN THE HALLS OR LOBBIES! If you are found sleeping in the public areas, you will be asked to go to your hotel room. If you do not have a room, hotel or venue security will be forced to ask you to leave.
- Please do not abuse the facilities. This includes putting signs on walls. Room parties and other announcements may be solicited inside the convention but please remember that you are responsible for your party room. It is up to you who is allowed to enter. May we also suggest to check ID's. Choose wisely...
- Costumers remember that there are public nudity laws in Tennessee. Please wear appropriate (or at least enough) clothing in the common areas.
- All Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con members and attendees at the convention are forbidden from taking, recording, creating film, or digital pictures, videos, tapes, sound recordings, or any other visual or auditory recreation of any kind whatsoever, of any Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con guest, member, volunteer, or employee, or of any Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con event, including but not limited to the Steampunk Expo parade, any Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con forum, seminar, session, dance, or performance, for any commercial use, or for the solicitation of funds for any commercial or other purpose, without the express written permission of Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con directors and/or guests. Also read #4 again. This is not to say that you can't take pictures, but if you are expecting any monetary return from it without consent, don't do it.
- It is against the rules of Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con and all hotels to place or hand out flyers/cards in our/their space. Flyers/cards left on an open table in the convention area will be deposited in the nearest trash can. If you are handing out material in an unauthorized convention area, you will be asked to stop. If it continues, you will be removed from the convention. Promoting other events is OK so long as you have cleared this with the directors in advance.
- Please listen to and respect the Steampunk Expo & Gothic Con staff as well as the venue staff. They are here to help and they are in charge of their area. No arguments = no problems.
Please abide by the above rules and we will all have a great time!
Alan Darr - Director